- To legally change your name in Kenya, a deed poll needs to be registered.
- Gazettement-The deed poll has to be gazetted, and it is only after that that one will acquire new identification documents bearing the new name.
- As a matter of practice amongst other documents one will be required to provide the following:
- Copy of ID
- Original Birth Certificate
- Letter from the area chief
- Finger print printout
- Deed poll and affidavit to which shall be attached certain requisite documents
- A Statutory Declaration of Identification by a witness who has known you for at least 10 years
- The deed poll is then registered with the Registrar of Documents.
- After the registration of the deed poll, the change of your name will be gazetted in the Gazette by the Registrar of Persons.
- After gazettement of the change of name one must apply for a new ID card.
910 James Gichuru Road,
Nairobi., Nrb 00100